Saturday 21 January 2017

Setting the functions of workspace

After resuming non-admin working life, I started to sort out things I planned years ago. One of them was to re-establishing a conducive work space in UPSI.

When I was the Director of UERL, I split my working life into two--one in the admin office at the Sultan Azlan Shah Campus, another in FSKIK. Now, I finally managed to merge them into one. Also, after becoming a father, my work space at home turned chaos because I have to reset the positions of most of my stuff to avoid being ruined by Thales or being hidden somewhere in the house. 

To sort out things for a conducive workspace, I would start tagging all materials in the office according to their functions:

1. Research and Development (R&D)
1.1. Universiti Research Projects
1.2 MyGrants 
1.3 External grants

2. Publication
2.1 Book & Book Chapters
2.2 Journal article & journal management
2.3 Conference papers 
2.4 Commission writing project
2.5 News Articles 

3. Supervision of students
3.1 Postgraduate student supervision
3.2 Undergraduate student supervision
3.3 Intern supervision

4. Teaching
4.1 Undergraduate teaching
4.2 Diploma teaching 
4.3 Exam papers 

5. Consultation
5.1 Paid consultation projects
5.2 Pro bono projects

6. Community Service
6.1 Civil Defence 
6.2 Martial Arts 
6.3 Volunteerism 

7. Administration 
7.1 Academic Qualifications & Professional Affiliation 
7.2 Meeting records, letters, memos 


No comments:

Post a Comment