Sunday 27 July 2014

The importance of learning Epistemology or Theory of Knowledge

I was confused at the beginning of my doctoral journey--mainly due to the fact that I did not study "Theory of Knowledge" during my pre-university time. 

In Western countries, this course is compulsory and it expects students who had completed this course successfully to justify the following:
  • How they know what they have known. 
  • Which domain of knowledge they gain what they know
  • What kind of proposition they use to form a statement

After reading "Theory of Knowledge" and taking a series of courses on philosophical studies alongside my PhD journey, all my confusion disappeared by themselves. 

Source: http://www.acs.edu.lb/uploaded/High_School/Images/IB/knower[1].JPG 

It's a pity that I do not see any courses alike in Malaysia, but I have been sharing this with my students since my return from UK in 2011. 

No comments:

Post a Comment